De Walloon fishing license
Viewing the fishing licenses’ release statistics.
The legislation has been modified since March 2021. Please consult the French version of the site, for the latest updates before full translation of the site to be sure to have the correct information
The Walloon fishing license is mandatory for fishing in all the Walloon watercourses. For fishing in the private fisheries, the regional license is habitually not essential.
On the hydraulic ways, only the regional license is necessary.
You only fish along the water
If you would like to fish only along the water, you must bring de “A” license. This one allows you to fish with maximum two lines. The price of the license is set at 12,39 €.
You fish in a small boat, on a floor or entering a watercourse
If you would like to fish otherwise than along the water (small boats, piers, floors..), you must bring a “B” license. This one authorizes fishing with maximum two lines fishing otherwise than along the water and also fishing with another equipment than the fishing rod.
The price is set at 37,18 €.
You fish carp at night
If you would like to fish carp at night, you must buy a “C” license. This one authorizes fishing with maximum two lines otherwise than along the water (small boats, piers, floors...) and also fishing with different equipment than a fishing rod. The price is set at 120 €.
- The T permit gives the same rights as the B permit but only for fourteen consecutive days.
The price is set at € 25.00
- The L license authorizes boat fishing on Lake Plate Taille for a period of one day with the following rights:
a) day fishing with one or two handlines
b) the use of the landing net
The price is set at € 15.00
- The J permit authorizes every day of the year:
a) day fishing with a single hand line fitted with a single barbless or crushed barb hook, from the water's edge only, including from a removable floor not remaining in place after the 'fishing exercise
b) the use of the landing net
c) day fishing with at most one crayfish scale
It is free and reserved for under 15s.
You fish crayfish with balances or clamps
The “B” license is mandatory to fish crayfish with balance or clamps. This license authorizes fishing with two lines maximum otherwise than along the water (small boats, piers, floors...) and also fishing with different equipment than a fishing rod. The price is set at 37,18 €.
The price of the fishing license hasn’t changed since 1989!
Although the fishing license is valid for all the watercourses in Wallonia, you’re asked to select a sub basin. Logically the fisher would choose a sub drainage basin in which he habitually fishes. This choice has a positive impact on the “Fonds piscicole de Wallonie”’ s financial
helps for the stockings and the actions engaged for the sub drainage basin.
Do you collect tubifex and bloodworms?
Search the vase to collect tubifex (Tubifex tubifex) or bloodworms (Chironomus spp.) in Walloon watercourses doesn’t need any authorization anymore following a change in the law on nature conservation. You can get more information here by clicking on this link.
You can find it on the Walloon licensing website www.permisdepeche.be. Your license is immediately available at the end of the process. Download it and print it to fish without waiting.
- The children under 15 who can fish without license on the Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays en during the school holidays if they’re accompanied by a parent or a guardian who has got one. An adult can accompany maximum 4 children and they can fish with only one fishing rod and with a simple fish hook.
- The participants to a fishing competition publicly announced and organized by a fishing association whose head office is located in Wallonia and who aren’t resident in Wallonia. The exemption is only available during the time of the contest.
Voir aussi :
→ Les poissons de nos rivières
→ Les frayères artificielles
→ Stages de pêche
→ La pêche au féminin